The Cube Art Project
Call for Entries
The Cube Art Project is seeking video art, animations, motion graphics, video-mapping, and/or sound visualization projects for screening on our three dimensional monitor (the Cube) located in the Rail Yard on Canopy Street. This screen is seen by hundreds of people on a slow day, but it’s also right next to the Pinnacle Bank Arena which hosts enormous events that draws tens of thousands of people several times a week.
This is a juried competition of clips that are suitable for a public art audience. Wide latitude in genre and style are considered however priority is given to artworks that have a formal/ visual appeal.
Projects should use a single channel video. Videos that fill our “front” screen only should include our logo on the right side of the clip to fill the side screen area. (see specs below).
In addition to the general call for video art,the jurors will select “special” projects that are interactive in some way. Artists submitting a “special” project are offered a small stipend not exceeding $1,600 to cover travel, meals, hotel, and technology needs. Please include specifics on tech needs and a draft budget if your work falls into this category.
– Maximum 5 submissions per artist due June 1st 2017 11:59 PM
– $5 for 5 submissions
– Selection committee will select prize winners who’s work will be prominently featured
during our kick-off event on July 21st 2017
– 1st prize = $500 2nd prize = $250 3rd prize = $100 ( all videos scaled to fill 936 pixels by 288 pixels)
– Animated GIF loops converted to video – any duration
– Motion-graphics/ video maps that use the full dimension of the Cube screen – 60 seconds max
– Narrative videos, animations, and films – 90 seconds max
– Non-narrative videos, animations, and films – 30 seconds max
deadline: June 1st 2017 11:59 PM
more info: https://mburton4.wixsite.com/cube